The Rev. Donald Allston Fishburne, D. Min., Rector
- Called to St. Paul’s in 2008 from serving Saint Michael and All Angels Church, Sanibel Island, as their Rector of seven years
- Native of Charleston, SC, lifelong Episcopalian and graduate of The University of the South, The Virginia Theological Seminary, and the Doctorate in Ministry program at The School of Theology of the University of the South, Sewanee
- Specialized in city ministry in the 1990′s as Rector of historic Saint Paul’s, Augusta, Georgia and served parishes large and small in the Carolinas in his 34 years of ordained ministry
- Current mentor to several rectors and deans and also recent graduates of Virginia Theological Seminary in its Second Three Years program and to Field Education students from The School of Theology
- President of the Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes
Contact Donald about:
The Rev. Suzanne N. Smitherman, Associate Rector
Called to the staff of St. Paul’s Church in 2005
Enjoys the challenge of encouraging lay leadership in new ministries and the work of Preaching, Liturgy Planning and Worship, Christian Education, Outreach and Pastoral Care in this large urban parish.
Clergy mentor to students from the School of Theology of the University of the South
Long time member of the Diocesan Commission on Ministry from 2003 to 2010, and past chair of that body, and four time deputy to the General Convention of The Episcopal Church
Chaired the liturgical planning committee for the 2011 Ordination of Bishop George Young as the fourth bishop of the Diocese of East Tennessee.
Contact Suzanne about:
Lay Reading and Eucharistic Ministers
The Rev. Andy Olivo, Associate Rector
- Joined the staff at St. Paul’s in the summer of 2011 after graduating from the School of Theology at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN.
- Originally from southern Indiana and moved to Tennessee to attend Milligan College in Johnson City.
- Serves on Diocese of East Tennessee Bishop and Council, Chair of the Episcopal Campus Ministry Board, and on the Planning Committee for the Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes.
- Enjoys preaching and teaching, working with new members as they join St. Paul’s and the Episcopal Church, and spending time working with college students and young adults in the Chattanooga area.
- Andy is married to Catherine and they enjoy walking, cooking, and playing with their Boston Terrier Teddy.
Contact Andy about:
Young Adults Ministries
• Native of Chattanooga and graduated from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville with a degree in interior design. Active in the interior design business for 38 years, owing her own commercial interior design firm for 16 years. Married to Bradley Weeks with two adult children.
• Ordained in December of 2007 and assigned to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in 2008 as liturgical and outreach deacon.
• Initiated these ministries at St. Paul’s:
– Host church for Family Promise in partnership with Mizpah Congregation
– Spiritual Gifts and Talents Workshop
• Facilitates the following at St. Paul’s:
– Chattanooga Chamber Insight Leadership Program
- Safeguarding God’s People Training
- Safeguarding God’s Children Training
• Serves on the following community boards:
– Caldsted Foundation
– Cornerstones Preservation Group
– Chattanooga Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
– NEEMA Resettlement Outreach
– Rotary Club of Chattanooga
– South Broad Redevelopment Group, Inc.
– St. John the Evangelist School, Petit Harpon, Haiti
– VORP – Victim Offender Reconciliation Program
• Contact Ann for outreach opportunities and information.