The Rev. Donald Allston Fishburne, D. Min., Rector
- Called to St. Paul’s in 2008 from serving Saint Michael and All Angels Church, Sanibel Island, as their Rector of seven years.
- Native of Charleston, SC, lifelong Episcopalian and graduate of The University of the South, The Virginia Theological Seminary, and the Doctorate in Ministry program at The School of Theology of the University of the South, Sewanee.
- Specialized in city ministry in the 1990′s as Rector of historic Saint Paul’s, Augusta, Georgia and served parishes large and small in the Carolinas in his 34 years of ordained ministry.
- Current mentor to several rectors and deans and also recent graduates of Virginia Theological Seminary in its Second Three Years program and to Field Education students from The School of Theology.
- President of the Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes.
Contact Donald about Membership, Weddings.
The Rev. Suzanne N. Smitherman, Associate Rector
- Called to the staff of St. Paul’s Church in 2005.
- Enjoys the challenge of encouraging lay leadership in new ministries and the work of Preaching, Liturgy Planning and Worship, Christian Education, Outreach and Pastoral Care in this large urban parish.
- Clergy mentor to students from the School of Theology of the University of the South.
- Long-time member of the Diocesan Commission on Ministry from 2003 to 2010, and past chair of that body, and four time deputy to the General Convention of The Episcopal Church.
- Chaired the liturgical planning committee for the 2011 Ordination of Bishop George Young as the fourth bishop of the Diocese of East Tennessee.
Contact Suzanne about Youth Confirmation, Lay Reading and Eucharistic Ministers, Eucharistic Visitors.
The Rev. Ann G. Weeks, Deacon for Outreach
- Native of Chattanooga and graduated from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville with a degree in interior design. Active in the interior design business for 38 years, owing her own commercial interior design firm for 16 years. Married to Bradley Weeks with two adult children.
- Ordained in December of 2007 and assigned to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in 2008 as liturgical and outreach deacon.
- Initiated these ministries at St. Paul’s: Host church for Family Promise in partnership with Mizpah Congregation, Spiritual Gifts and Talents Workshop.
- Facilitates the following at St. Paul’s: Chattanooga Chamber Insight Leadership Program, Safeguarding God’s People Training, Safeguarding God’s Children Training.
- Serves on the following community boards: Caldsted Foundation, Cornerstones Preservation Group, Chattanooga Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, NEEMA Resettlement Outreach, Rotary Club of Chattanooga, South Broad Redevelopment Group, Inc., St. John the Evangelist School, Petit Harpon, Haiti, VORP – Victim Offender Reconciliation Program.
Contact Ann about outreach opportunities and information.
The Rev. Paul Stricklin, Summer Assistant Rector
- The Rev. Paul E. Stricklin is our primary on-call priest from July 16 through September 6. Paul comes to us from Columbia, SC, where he and his wife Kay have two adult sons, Charles and Samuel. Father Stricklin has served as rector of a number of congregations, as a chaplain of leading Episcopal schools and as a university chaplain. He recently served on the Board of Trustees of Healthwood Hall Episcopal School in Columbia and has held a number of diocesan leadership positions. He is a graduate of the University of Alabama and the Virginia Episcopal Seminary.
- Please join us in welcoming Paul. His primary responsibilities as priest among us are to share in our pastoral care ministries, to assist or preside at Sunday liturgies, and to coordinate and serve at our daily Eucharists. To reach him in pastoral emergencies or to invite him into your home or to lunch, please call 667-9519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.