The Rev. Brad Whitaker, Interim Rector
- Native of Atlanta, GA.
- Graduate of Young Harris College, the University of Georgia and The General Theological Seminary.
- Brad was ordained a priest in 1990 and was on staff at St. Peter’s in Rome, GA and at Holy Innocents’ in Atlanta. He has served as the Rector of Christ Church in Newton, NJ and at Christ Church, Grosse Pointe, MI. Recently he served as the transitional priest for Trinity Church in Farmington Hills, MI and St. Andrew’s, Waterford, MI. Since 2010 Brad has also served as the Chief Operating Officer of a human service agency in Detroit that serves homeless and high risk girls.
- Brad has been married to his wife, Harriett – a middle school teacher – for 26 years, and they have three children: Sarah, Robert and Henry. Presently his family will remain in Michigan with multiple visits back and forth!
- Brad loves to play golf (just ask about his 2008 sabbatical in Scotland and Burundi), hike and fish.
Contact The Rev. Brad Whitaker.
The Rev. Quinn Parman, Associate Rector for Children, Youth and Family Ministries
- Native of Jacksonville, Florida.
- Graduate of the University of North Florida and the School of Theology at the University of the South.
- Prior to ordination, served on a church staff as the youth director of St. John’s Cathedral in Jacksonville, Florida, maintaining and enhancing the Cathedral’s ministries to and with young people and their families.
- Is a distance runner, having completed 2 marathons (just don’t ask about his times). Has played guitar in a number of bands and enjoys an eclectic mix of music from bluegrass to Russian Chant. Is enjoying life in North Chattanooga with his wife of nearly ten years, Rachelle — a registered nurse — and their two children, Fritz and Mary Karis.
Contact The Rev. Quinn Parman.
The Rev. Leigh Preston, Associate Rector for Pastoral Care, Education, and Spiritual Formation
- Graduate of the University of Georgia and Berkeley Divinity School at Yale.
- Ordained a deacon in 2006 and priest in 2007 in the Diocese of Atlanta.
- Was as a missionary in El Salvador, where she served as priest-in-charge of a parish and directed the reopening of its day school. Served as Hispanic Missioner, then priest-in-charge, of a bilingual parish in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Her most recent position was as Associate Rector of St. Stephen’s, Richmond, Virginia, where she coordinated pastoral care and assisted with ministries for children, youth, and families.
- Married to Andy Thompson, a Postdoctoral Fellow in Environmental Ethics at the School of Theology at Sewanee. They live in Sewanee with their two young sons, Cabell and Cullen, and dog, Sadie.
Contact The Rev. Leigh Preston.
The Rev. Ann G. Weeks, Deacon for Outreach
- Native of Chattanooga and graduated from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville with a degree in interior design. Active in the interior design business for 38 years, owing her own commercial interior design firm for 16 years. Married to Bradley Weeks with two adult children.
- Ordained in December of 2007 and assigned to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in 2008 as liturgical and outreach deacon.
- Initiated these ministries at St. Paul’s: Host church for Family Promise in partnership with Mizpah Congregation, Spiritual Gifts and Talents Workshop.
- Facilitates the following at St. Paul’s: Chattanooga Chamber Insight Leadership Program, Safeguarding God’s People Training, Safeguarding God’s Children Training.
- Serves on the following community boards: Caldsted Foundation, Cornerstones Preservation Group, Chattanooga Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, NEEMA Resettlement Outreach, Rotary Club of Chattanooga, South Broad Redevelopment Group, Inc., St. John the Evangelist School, Petit Harpon, Haiti, VORP – Victim Offender Reconciliation Program.
Contact The Rev. Ann Weeks.